Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday

I woke up and spilled almost an entire carton
on orange juice on the kitchen floor/rug.

I left for work, almost got on the highway, and realized that
I forgot my bag (the only thing I needed to remember)
and had to go back.

First hour, I said,
"Don't I sound really high?"
to my Advanced Composition class,
attempting to refer to the fact that I have a cold.

Surprisingly enough, they did not take it that way. (outburst of laughter...)

The night janior recycled my student's
American Lit projects by mistake.
They were supposed to present them that day.
I had not graded them yet.
And I didn't realize it until they all starting asking,

"Ms. Scheffers, where are our projects?"

"Uhhhh.....Well.....Mhmm....
Aren't they over there?"

Oh boy.

This all happened before 11 am.

"Just another day in paradise."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you are hilarious- I would have loved to have a teacher like you in highschool, I would have joined in the "outburst of laughter" :)