Sunday, January 25, 2009

To Family


To My Dad, I give the soft-hearted award. You display your love to others in a very genuine way. Through your hugs, your kind words, your encouragment, your service to each of us. In a way that makes me believe in unconditional love. In a way that reflects Jesus. I know your guidance and encouragement has given me the confidence and strength to pursue so many of my hopes and goals. You have been an example for me about what a godly man should look like--and I am forever shaped by that.

To My Mom, I give the caring award. I don't think anyone has ever cared so much about every part of my life. You care about everything, from worrying about me getting my nice shoes wet to caring about how I am growing in my relationship with God. You have always been there for me, in a million ways that I am aware of and in a million ways that I don't know about or don't remember. But you give me a reason to feel gratitude towards God daily.

To Bryan, I give the loving protector award. You have always protected me--with boys, with friends, with choices I have made, with life situations. You are one I have always counted on to tell me the truth. I have endless respect for you and your relationship with God, which is evident in everything you do. You have always had whats best for me at heart and your thoughtfulness and consideration is a constant blessing to me. And even though you were always older and cooler than me, :) you always let me into your life. I am forever grateful for that.

To Corey, I give the fun-loving award. You are carefree and joyful. Probably the most laid back person I know. In a way that really makes me laugh. You bring humor to the family, while still being thoughtful and loving. You have been the benefactor of much doting upon--because you are so loved by each of us. And you're "the baby." You are mature beyond your years--maybe because you had to be being the youngest, but your depth as a person through your fun-loving attitude has consistently added so much to my life.

To Michelle, I give the "wise beyond your years" award. I have been so blessed by your thoughts, advice, and faith in God. Even though I have only known you for short time, you are one of the first people I think of when I need to process something going on in my life. You always offer me perspective and laughter. It seems as if you have been a part of my life, and my family's life, for years. (in a good way!) Plus you make my brother happy, and for that, I cannot love you more. :)

To My Family and Because I Don't Say It Enough,

Thank-you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so Ok, I didn't see that coming. Here I am being a puddle reading this. What a loving tribute to all of us. If I could send you a big hug through e-mail, I would. Guess I'll have to wait a few days. Love you. Thank YOU.

Michelle said...

kristin, you almost made me cry! you are fabulous. simply fabulous. and i love you :)

Unknown said...

Kristin, I wish I had your skill of putting into words what I was thinking. Also, I have always admired your ability to be open and honest about everything in your life, especially when it comes to your faith and desire to glorify God. I am not sure what award that would amount to, but it would be yours!

Unknown said...

On a lighter note, this post is the ultimate "going to make mom cry" post...classic.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Bryan, you called it.

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I was thinking of what award I would give you. I can think of several, but what sums them up is "The Best Daughter/Sister/Sister-in-law in the World" award. You are awesome! Thanks for making us all smile, laugh and yes, cry at times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Family! :)