Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wait...What Did You Say?!

I got Emu boots for Christmas.

These Emu boots bring me so much joy
in the bleak winter because anyone that knows
me well knows that I loathe being cold.

These less expensive, not UGG boots
(although similar) are black, from Australia,
and filled with fur that keep my feet
oh-so-warm-and-happy.

However, my love for these boots was stifled
the other day, when my friend told me, to my deepest
chagrin and terror,
that my boots
are made of BABY KANGAROO fur.

Now, everytime I see these friends they call my boots,
"The Joeys."

Stressful.

I still seriously love these boots,
but I can't seem to help but think of
little, cute, cuddly, baby kangaroos
every time.

Are they really made of baby kangaroos?
Because I might be the most gullible person I know.

And I tried to google "emu boots made of baby kangaroos",
but, surprisingly enough, it was a dead end.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I googled as well, and didn't come up with anything definite. Maybe you need a list of ingredients on the box.

I did find a truly disturbing video of a kangaroo being killed and skinned, while her baby was... well... it was graphic. Thanks for leading me down this scarring path.

Anonymous said...

haha--oh no!! that does sound scarring. I appreciate your effort! But I sort figure that EMU boots wouldn't broadcast the fact that they kill baby kangaroos, if it true. So it just keeps me wondering...