Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ode To Mondays....

I wrote this one rather bitter Monday. Its completely silly, but it MIGHT make you smile with understanding.

Unless, of course, you are my loving mother, who would NEVER dream of losing her keys or being late. :)

Neither Bryan, Corey, nor I are quite sure how we are her offspring. Although, Bryan, I will give you the most organized sibling award. Which I MIGHT partially attribute to Michelle....haha.

Ode To Monday:

Just another Monday morning….

WHERE are my keys?
I needed to leave five minutes ago!
I glance anxiously at the clock.
Why do I always do this?
Whoever invented the snooze button
is seriously ruining my life...

Tick, tock, tick, tock
Pitter, patter, pitter, patter
Tick, tock, tick, tock
Pitter, patter, pitter, patter
Rummage, rummage, rummage
Sigh.
My Salvation.
Sweet….sweet…..salvation keys.

Shuffle, grab, shuffle, grab
Bags, bags, bags, bags,
Clomp, clomp, clomp trudge….
Trudge, go, truge, go
Go, go, go!

Maybe next Monday…

A little more caffeine,
a few minutes more,
a lunch already packed,
my clothes iron pressed,
a little less self-criticism
and loathing,
will put me in a peace-serenity,
ready-to-face-the-day,
glass-brimming-full,
Hey, world!
I’m coming for you
attitude!

Maybe next Monday will be different
Than the last million Mondays....

4 comments:

Michelle said...

this happens to me all the time! and always when we're in a hurry! and always when i JUST had my keys/purse/whatever-it-is-i-need!

Anonymous said...

I did lose my keys...once in my life, on the way to Florida a couple years ago. Never did find them. Congrats to Bry on his "most organized sibling award"!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you. I will proudly accept this award, although the competition was not very tough!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you. I will proudly accept this award, although the competition was not very tough!