Sunday, December 14, 2008

God Be With You








I just ran across these pictures. I did my student teaching in Southfield, Michigan, which is pretty close to Detroit. It seems like years ago--although, in reality, it was only a year and a half ago. I have realized since then that one of the hardest parts of teaching is having to leave students, or let students go, when I feel like some of them might not be able to stand on their own yet. I still think about and pray for these students often--even though I am sure they believe that I forgot about them. Its hard to think that I don't know where hardly any of these students are, except for one that I keep in contact with occassionally. In a way, I fear knowing where some of them are right now. Even though student teaching was one of the most difficult experiences of my life, it was one of the most rewarding experiences as well. I truly loved these kids. They taught me so much. They changed my perspective on the world. They helped me view the world through God's eyes a little bit more. They helped me see truth. Some of them have been through more difficulties in their young lives than I will probably ever go through. They will always be my first group of students. They will always have a special place in my heart. And I wish them all the best.

No comments: