Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh Suitcase

You are so small!

I can never seem to fit enough into your black,
sleek exterior that looks like everyone else's suitcase
when the luggage wheels around in circles at the airport.

And as I stare at you--tonight--all I can think is--
mm...do you think I will need a sweater in Florida?

If I don't put a sweater into you, suitcase, am I going to
regret it?

Are three pairs of flip flops enough for one week?
Maybe if I smash these clothes down a little more I can fit

one more pair.

I have never been that great at packing.

But I am going to Florida.

Beautiful Florida.

And I am not bringing a red pen, a student's paper,

a whiny voice, a list of things-to-do or

or a single worry with me.

1 comment:

mom said...

Wear your sweater or tie it around you waist. 2 pair of flip flops. Now will it all fit?