Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh Michigan, "How I Love Thee, Let Me Count The Ways"

So--the federal government is giving me
a good sized tax return--which thanks to Turbo
tax, I immediately found out how much I am getting back,

giving me enough time to consider what
foolish purchase I should make.

To stimulate the economy, of course. Quite patriotic, really.
foolish purchases. Ha.

Okay, so in reality, I will think about making a foolish purchase.
But will end up saving it.
Thanks to the saving, responsible values
my parents instilled in me.
Yay Dutchness. :)

But I had to laugh.
I filled out my federal taxes--and then
got all excited about my tax return.

Then came Michigan taxes.
mmm....

I get done filing my Michigan taxes and find out
that I owe Michigan...

one dollar.

yes. one measly dollar.
that I must MAIL in. With a check--no cash.

HA.

I mean, seriously now.
Really?

Oh, yes. Really.

Which of course makes me wonder--what would
they do to me if I just didn't pay it?
It seems too small for them to waste their time
tracking me down for one dollar.

I feel slightly annoyed with the whole state of Michigan today.
In a--this is sorta funny but SORTA ridiculous way.

But I will PAY THE ONE DOLLAR.
I will BE A GOOD CITIZEN.

Because....apparently,

"every penny counts"?

1 comment:

mom said...

Speaking of pennies, maybe you could send them 2 penny rolls of 50 each. Think they would mind?