Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Dude, Where's My Car?"

There is nothing like a beautiful spring Tuesday morning.

This morning--I walked outside a bit on the late side,
around 7:20 am....
ready to go to work.

Today started about the same as every other day--
I pressed snooze one too many times.

I changed what I was wearing twice--because in the end,
I always choose comfort over style.

I couldn't find the right shoes--I almost forgot my lunch--
and I had to go back once I got half way to my car
because I realized I left my straightner on....

But finally, I made it outside ready to leave--
Carrying two bags, a coffee mug, and a purse.

So, with a very small amount of gracefulness,
I start to make my way towards my car.

Then, all of the sudden--I look around me and think...

mmm....that's funny......

where is my car? I thought I parked it right.....here.......
Which was quickly followed by the thought:
am I seriously losing it?!
maybe I need to start getting more sleep....

As I awkwardly walk around the parking lot with my two bags,
a coffee mug, and a purse.....looking terribly lost.....I still do not see my car.

Odd.

Exasperating.

Confusing.

What in the world?!?

Then....it hits me like a ton of bricks.

"My car" is actually Corey's car, which I am borrowing
while my car is getting fixed.

Corey's car doesn't have an apartment sticker on it.....
And I realize....

It had to be: I got towed!

mmm........
How am I going to get to work....?!

After a few phone calls, it is confirmed.
They towed my car for the small price
of being late for work and
128 dollars in exact change...cash.

I called today my bitter day--because I feel a little bitter.
Considering that this "car of mine" lived
at my apartment complex for a total of 8 hours or so.
And it just so happened that in those 8 hours,
the "random" search for unstickered cars
by the towing company happened.

And there was no possible way
I could have informed my apartment
office that I would have a different car--
since by the time I knew,
the office was closed.

But on the upside--at least I have a loving mother that came
and picked me up for work in her very attractive gold mini-van.

And at least it wasn't stolen? Because let's be honest, everyone
wants a 97 Old Cutlass.....right, Cor?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when I'm mentioned in the blog. I was bitter also. You didn't mention the dark, evil towing company with darkened exterior windows and a small cubicle you enter and speak through bullet proof glass to the non-smiling attendant while you pass her your title, license, 128 dollars in CASH...what a RACKETTTT! Tomorrow is a better day!!

Unknown said...

Yikes, I spilled my coffee in my car yesterday, thought that was bad...