Friday, February 13, 2009

Thoughts of the Day

I have really good friends.

Teaching really makes me laugh some days.

I am confused by the fact that my freshmen might
actually be enjoying Romeo and Juliet. (maybe its the
sword fighting...)

I have a lot of colleagues that really look out for me
and care.

I need to start packing something else besides Lean
Cuisines in my lunch.....yeah.

Lately, I have not even attempted to limit the limitless
coffee that I drink. YIKES.

I have actually been sleeping more lately,
which is so great.

I have not been lost since I got my GPS system for
Christmas! (thanks grandma)

I really wish I could play an instrumet. Corey's guitar
skills make me jealous. And Michelle's piano AND singing skills.
Oh, and Bryan's tuba skills. ha.

I am really excited that I get to see one of my best friends
this weekend.

I like teaching high school, but I am consistently glad that
I am not in high school.

Did I seriously care this much about Homecoming when I was
in high school?
Yes, I think I did.
And I am a little bit ashamed.

I really wish it would be spring!

Senioritis is an excuse I am already sick of hearing.
(In the first 3 weeks of the semester...)

All of my students in Freshman English thought that Shakespeare's
use of the word "ho" meant something....well, different...
and it got a little out of control for a second.

I never thought of teaching the difference between those
words when we studied homophones 2 weeks ago.....

What makes almost all students hate poetry?
When do they learn that?
So sad...

I really hate the word "moist."

I kinda like teaching grammar...which is a new development.

I am so glad its the weekend!

Sadly, this blog post might
be a somewhat accurate representation
of my thoughts. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And, you are going to mom's for steak on the grill tonight. Can't believe you forgot to mention that wonderful tidbit. And it is Friday the 13...just another observation, not that I even believe in bad luck. NO NO