Saturday, February 21, 2009

Farch.

Yes, Farch.

The dreary months of February and March
put together makes.....Farch.

I think that reason why the word "Farch" works so well
is because it is such an ugly, gross word.

And it symbolizes the most unpretty, cold and muddy, the snow-
is-no-longer-white months in the Midwest.

Farch is lovingly discussed amongst my colleagues
as the most dreaded time of the year.

The time when everyone is sick of snow.
Yet, the snow keeps falling.

The time when the cold and dark weather undoubtedly
penetrates our joy and general feelings of hope.
To be dramatic. :)

Farch made me cancel my lunch plans with one of my
best friends today because there was a 50 car pile up
between Battle Creek and Jackson.

I am on my 23rd Farch.
And still a little bitter.

Does it get any better?

Why do we chose to live here?
mmmm.....

No, seriously...why?

But the Root Beer stand opened this week.
And somehow that gives me hope for spring.
So, I am just trying to hang in there through
the rest of Farch....and then Apray (April and May)
just might be great... !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you mentioned the Root Beer Stand. I have to admit I stopped there this week. Yes it was snowing and I felt guilty that the little freezing waitress had to wait on me, but I did partake in a delicious hot dog and root beer and felt I was a bit closer to spring.

B. Irv said...

Dear Kristin,
I am afraid that Farch will never be enjoyable, no matter how many you experience. The real question is not why you live her, but why does the whole family continue to live here? Thats why we are sticking around - family. So the cycle continues.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Brad...sooo glad you are sticking around. Congratulations on your new upcoming practice.