Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 30th Anniversary! (A Day Late...)



One of my older poetry professors commented recently
that there are only three real topics worth writing about:
love, death, and God.

Then he said with a smirk, "good luck with your generation."
"Your generation doesn't believe in love."

But I have to say that at least in my case, he is wrong.
I definitely believe in love, and I know that this is
significantly because I have witnessed my parents
grow deeper in love with each other as the years pass.

I am extremely blessed to have parents
who love each other so deeply,
and who made the house I grew up in
such a wonderful place to live.

These verses remind me of the both of you
because you are people who demonstrate love
to each other and all those around you every day.

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents!
And praying for many more!

"Let us love one another, for love comes from God.
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."
-- John 4:7

"Let us not love in word or tongue but with action and in truth."
--I John 3: 18

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
--I Peter 4:8

1 comment:

mom said...

What a wonderful surprise and gift to read this blog entry today. Thanks for all the kind words. We reflected yesterday on how much God has blessed us in these past 30 years: our faith, our marriage and the blessing of the best children EVER who bring so much joy into our lives. Knowing that all of our kids love the Lord is the greatest gift we can imagine. Thanks, Kristin!