Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bryan: Voted Most Popular

So, out of complete boredom one night I went on the
most popular names website. Quite informative, really.
It gives you the top 1000 most popular names from
2000-2008.

So, family, here we are--in the order of coolness:

1. Bryan--rank: 82~you must be a classic. You have barely
decreased in popularity from 2000 (from 70), which is no
small feat, especially when you see some of the others.

2. Michelle--rank : 103. You are Bryan's fiercest competitor,
yet come up short. (this is not a joke about your height) :)
You, however, have decreased from 52, and are becoming
more uncool at a faster rate than Bryan. In the end though,
second place is more than respectable.

3. Corey--rank: 289. Not completely embarrassing--really quite
solid. However, you are depreciating in coolness
similarly to Michelle. But since you are younger, you
will be way less cool than her at her age. statistically
speaking, of course.

4. Arthur--rank: 386. This is the shocker!! I mean, seriously, has
anyone heard of someone naming their kid Arthur
recently? Because apparently, a lot of people are. :)
And "Tom" doesn't even make the list, sadly. But dad--
your name is surprisingly MUCH cooler than mine.

5. Kristin--rank: 883. Thats just embarrassing. My only defense is
that "Kristen" with an e still ranks at 492, but lets
be honest, thats still not even remotely cool. I also
was wayyyy cooler in 2000. (rank 301) yikes.

6. Terri---rank: unknown. Sadly, dear mother, you are off the
coolness chart, but I am sure you are....1001--
I am sure of it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What I have always suspected has officially been confirmed...I am the coolest. Thank you for a little added confidence today sister!

Kristin said...

Bryan, glad I could give you a boost!

I think mom also thinks your the coolest because I was just talking with her on the phone, and then you called through, and she got off the phone with me so that she could talk to you. Mhmm.....What do you think THAT says? haha.

mom said...

I love you ALL THE SAME.
It is just quite weird that Bry calls me in the middle of the day and I always think it is urgent...it is a mom thing. I in no way wanted to slight you, dear daughter. And, anyway I'm so dejected knowing my name didn't make the cut.

Dad said...

Now I'm thinking of having everyone call me Arthur instead of Tom cuz it is higher on the list. What do you think?

Kristin said...

Dad--I think you can do whatever you want! I think you could pull of any name you wanted to--like Titus, or Philemon, or Barack. Ya know..anything.

I will probably still stick with Dad though, if thats alright with you. :)

mom--since my blog posts are provoking dejected feelings in you...I guess we are even. :)

mom said...

OOOOOOOOH. We're "even"?? Glad you put a :) after otherwise I'd be wondering about you...
So, I was at the bank today and my bank guy's name was Bryan. I said, Hey Bryan, want to know a bit of trivia? Your name is 82 in the top 1000 popular names. I think I made his day.